"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Gator Bait

My cousin Jenny, aka Gator Bait, is at the hospital having Lyla Grace :0) I sure do wish her dad, my Uncle Roger, was on his way to the hospital with the rest of the family.

I cry tonight not because my uncle is gone but because that uncle was Jenny, Emily, and Philip's dad, my aunt Libby's husband, my dad's baby brother, and Sarah, Eli, Kate and Luke's grandpa. Tonight he should be on his way to the hospital to be with his "Jenny girl" but instead I suppose he's kissing Lyla Grace one last time before sending her down from heaven to be part of this crazy family!! I'm sure he's given her Strickland 101 so she won't be shocked upon arrival!

The Strickland's in Tejas can't wait to meet you Lyla!

3 comments:

cmchrisk said...

What a sweet post! I am sure Uncle Roger was doing his part sending her down.

Emily :) said...

Love this Marla! I really believe that part of Heaven has to be seeing the happy things that happen here! Thanks for the sweet post.

P.S. This is so funny. The word verification right now says, "lighla". :)

Helen said...

Awwww..... I actually wish we would all blog instead of facebook.