"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Monday, February 9, 2009

Smarty Pants

Kolton, Kolton, Kolton.

My oldest child is 9 going on 25. I do believe he is my sister's child that I am raising for some unknown reason.

A couple weeks ago I was cleaning up his room before the cleaning lady Rose got here. Josh calls her "flower" by the way so cute. And why do I clean before the cleaning lady comes? Anway, I found a calculator in his room and didn't think anything of it. Then later that night when I was checking his homework a huge 60 watt light bulb (is that a big bulb?) went off in my head. Stinker was cheating on his homework!!!! I emailed his teacher to send home more homework to do without the calculator only to find out he's in an advanced math and reading lab! I guess she was talking about my Kolton. He's always done very well in reading thanks to his first grade teacher..the one and only Carrie Lindsey! I know he'll pass the reading TAKS test in March with no trouble. Guess he may even pass Math even though he doesn't have to!!

5 comments:

Hannah said...

"flower" so cute! love it! you should blog about your 25yr old getting kicked out of` his` little bro's b-day party!

Helen said...

First, gotta know about getting kicked out of the b-day party.

Your sister's kid comment made me chuckle and LUCKY! You have a cleaning lady?! At my house, that would be ME! :( Anyway, why do you clean before she comes?!

WOW, Kolton! Strong work!

cmchrisk said...

How funny! It would've been cool if the teacher would've let you guys know of Kolton's accomplishments at school. Way to go!

Jenn said...

"Sister's kid"....that was hilarious!!!

I used to have a cleaning lady every once in a while (years ago) and I used to clean before she came too! I don't know why...I just didn't want her to know just HOW FILTHY we were!!!

I am so glad that the only thing Kolton was doing was "cheating on his homework". I know that's not good but, as I was reading, I was so afraid you were going to say he stole the calculator. Not that I think Kolton would do that, but I never thought my middle son would do that either....imagine my surprise when he came home from second grade with his teacher's laptop computer!!!! Let's just say, after the "beating" he got that night, I think his bottom would hurt if he ever even just thought of stealing again!!!

Melissa said...

your behind....catch up, catch up, ketchup! LOL!!