"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Sunday, March 8, 2009

MCRD, San Diego


Ok, it's been forever since I blogged and I'm not going to even try to catch up. Let's just say I'm addicted to facebook.

Wednesday night Robert, Kolton and I flew to San Diego to attend Paul's graduation from boot camp. By the time our flight landed, we got our bags, rental car and to the hotel and to bed it was around 3 am Dallas time...yawn! Thursday morning we woke up at 7 because we felt like it was 9..nice. We attended the family day activities in the morning and then had lunch with Paul, Ami and Tony and then spent the rest of the day with Paul on base. Thursday night we took Kolton to eat fresh seafood....his favorite.

Friday graduation started at 10 and was over by 11:30. We went to the mall to get Paul clothes that fit...the clothes he wore to boot camp didn't fit anymore. After the mall we went to Coronado Island/Beach and Kolton, Ami and I looked for seashells...boy was it cold! After that we took Paul to eat Mexican food.

Saturday Robert, Kolton, Paul and I went to the San Diego Zoo and spent several hours there before flying out Saturday late afternoon. We were routed thru Phoenix and on the flight from Phoenix to Dallas, Paul got moved up to First Class...stinker didn't even tell us bye as he moved up. I doubt he knew where he was going. I'm sure the flight attendant said "come with me" and he was following orders.

Today Paul got dressed in his blues and went to church were he was recognized and church members prayed over him. Next Saturday Ami is hosting a welcome home/goodbye/you survived boot camp reception for him at the church.

Graduation was tight. That's all I can say. There is no way to describe it.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Thanks for sharing. I'm so proud of Paul and know you are too!

Helen said...

TIGHT??????