"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Sunday, January 25, 2009

2 Peas in a Pod

Yesterday I hosted a baby shower for my good friend Christi who is having twin girls. I will have to post a picture of her "2 Peas in a Pod" cake...it looked so good and tasted great. There's 2 hints that i didn't make it. We had a nice time and she got some great things for the girls.

Robert left late Friday evening with the boys to go to Gladewater. Jenna Bean's 4th birthday party was Saturday morning and the boys had a great time. After they got home Saturday evening we all just chilled.

Today was church, laundry and Emma and I took a nap together of course. The diaper fairy put some diapers on my car at church...could that have been you Hannah?!

This week we don't have much going on. Kolton has his regular check-up with his endocrinologist on Tuesday so I'll blog about that later this week. I feel like his A1C should still be in the normal range for a diabetic. 3 months ago it was pretty darn close to being in the normal range of a non-diabetic which means his insulin rations are working.

One more thing, my sister and her family will be moving into their new house in April. They bought a 5 bedroom home on 3 acres with a pond and pool in Topeka. It has 3400 square feet which to us TX people we think of a huge brick house. I said Topeka remember? One story with a full finished basement....I wish we had basements in TX.

And yet one more thing. We got a letter from Paul Brown on Friday and he is over half way done with bootcamp. He's been sick with an URI and fever but told the doc he was fine so he's still on track to graduate March 6th. He told us to get a "Proud Parent of a Marine" sticker on Feb. 28 which will mark the last day of training for him. The following week is Marine week in bootcamp. His mom and dad must be looking down from heaven beaming with pride.

2 comments:

The Langfords said...

I saw those diapers on your car but didn't see the fairy.

Hannah said...

Ok, Ok, it was me! When we got Jenna out of the bath last night she looked SO much like Emma. It was a little eerie!