"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Time for Another Update

Since my last post we spent 3 days in Gladewater hanging out with Robert's family. We came home the afternoon of the 4th w/a carload of presents and laundry! I finally got our tree down on Monday and now I need to get the boxes out of the house but I can stand to look at those rather than the Christmas tree!

Tuesday was my birthday. I woke up to flowers and a card from the boys. Yes that's right. The boys. They forgot to sign Emma's name to the card! I went to the office Tuesday afternoon and found more flowers in my office and a card from the gang and we had cheesecake...my favorite! Tuesday evening my mom cooked us dinner and helped the boys bake a birthday cake. Did I mention I still have baby weight to loose? Now I have even more after that birthday!!!

Now on to the bad news....Josh has strep. 1 cousin in Gladewater was getting over strep when we arrived and cousin Jenna came down with it New Year's Day :( We figured it was only a matter of time before Josh got it but thought we had dodged the bullet. Last night he starting running fever and had been saying his throat hurt since Monday but I thought it was just allergies. Took him to the doctor today and his strep test was very positive but we don't have to start his antibiotic until tomorrow. Not sure why but considering I trust our ped with the lives of my children, I'll do what he says! I've already told him he cannot retire until my kids are grown because I'm pretty sure there is no ped as good as him!!

Tonight the ladies at church started a new bible study and it's going to be so good. I think it'll be my "sunday school" since I can't find a class I like at church.

This weekend Robert is taking me out to eat and see a movie for my birthday. Not sure if he knows it yet.

Bootcamp update: We've gotten a couple letters from Paul and he has adjusted well to bootcamp. We are going to his graduation in March and I'm getting excited already! I've never been to San Diego and I can't wait to see Paul a Marine!! We are so proud of him. He's almost 1/2 way thru bootcamp. Robert and I are taking Kolton with us so we'll get some sight-seeing in while we are there. Can't wait!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday! You are loved!!

Jenn said...

Sorry to hear that Josh has strep. I hope he gets well soon and no one else gets it!

I'm so proud of P.B. for being in the Marines. Did he sound positive in the letters he sent or is he feeling tired?

Hannah said...

Happy Birthday! I had no idea our days were so close. How was the new Bible study? I think we might join Tony Phillips's ABF. Have fun this weekend. Brian starts days on Sunday : )

Helen said...

Happy Birthday! Gettin' closer to mammogram age. LOL!

cmchrisk said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday! I'm sorry about Josh being sick and I just hope no one else gets sick. As for San Diego, it is wonderful and a blast. I've been there for work a few times. We went for a week last year too. There are a few really cool places to go, so if you're interested, I'll give you some ideas.
:)

Melissa said...

Today is Jan. 21st. You need to blog Sista!