"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

This One's for You Helen


Christmas morning Kolton got us up a little before 8:00. We went in to wake Josh up and he told Robert he wanted to sleep. That's my boy! When I went in there he said he was "just kiddin" but from the picture you can see he was half-asleep. Of course Emma slept through her first Christmas morning. The boys liked everything Santa brought and we ate a big breakfast together and then of course Kolton wanted to go to Nanny's to wait for my sister and her kids to get there. The best gift I got was a 3 hour nap I got on Christmas day! I'm pretty sure I fell into a coma.

Christmas evening when my sister got to town we went to my parents house and had round 2 of present opening. Friday we went shopping at the Galleria and Firewheel. Saturday it was shopping at Collin Creek Mall. Sunday was church and another long nap for me and then Sunday night we all went out to eat at Texas Land and Cattle. My sister and her crew left Monday morning and it was so great to chill with the whole family. She only comes down once a year (except this year she made it down 3 times because of Emma). My dad loves having all the grand-kids at his house even if it's only for a few days. Guess I should mention she lives in Topeka, KS which is a 8 hour drive and explains why the whole family comes once a year. 8 hours with 3 kids is a loooooong drive.

Tomorrow we leave for Gladewater and Christmas #3. We get to hang out with Robert's family until Sunday. Saturday I'm driving to Monroe to meet a cousin of mine for more shopping. I've done more shopping in the past week then the whole year combined!! It's a 2 hour drive for me and a 2 hour drive for her from Natchez, MS and we haven't seen each other since last Jan. so it should be a fun day. I should also mention this 2 hour drive is no big deal to her as it is the closest mall there is to Natchez. Can you imagine?!!

I'll add more photos later. For some reason I'm having issues uploading photos tonight. Maybe because I'm too tired!!

O, and I moved Emma to her crib and she woke up several times the first night but was fine last night. She's been sleeping in her bassinet in her room for about a month but it was time to move to the crib. She has also found her fingers. She now likes to suck on the 2 middle fingers of her right hand and plays with her hair with the left....so cute!!!

6 comments:

The Langfords said...

I love how Kolton is so into Emma. It's so, so cute!

Melissa said...

Love your new blog set up and your update. You have a beautiful family. Have fun with them this week. Be safe. :)

Jenn said...

What a sweet pic of Kolton holding Emma!! With sleepy little Josh in the background...lol!

You'll have to try and get video of Emma sucking her fingers and playing with her hair. Before our accident, Samantha used to suck her thumb and play with her hair...it's funny how they do that at such a young age!

Helen said...

Yeah........and what Melissa said!

When are coming back home from Gladewater?

Melissa said...

okay, I miss you. Come home!

Melissa said...

Tuesday, Happy Birthday to you, hope your day is fabulous, i love ya!!!