"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Monday, December 1, 2008

Back to Work

It's Monday mid-morning and month end for me at work and I haven't started working yet! I'll get to it eventually and then be mad at myself for having to work late. O well, at least I'm at home today.

Saturday we took Kolton to Texas Stadium to watch the Wylie Pirates in round 3 of the high school football play-offs and they won! It wasn't too cold inside the stadium. I was fine in my coat and didn't even need gloves until almost the end of the game. The next game is Saturday at noon and we may go watch that one too.

We got the tree up and decorated along with the house. I went to Lowe's and got some new stuff for the mantel and now can't decided if I like it. Now if I can just get the boxes that the decorations were in back up into the attic before Christmas is over we'll be in good shape.

Yesterday was church, lunch and Robert went to the Stars hockey game while Josh and I decorated. Tomorrow Josh goes back to school, Emma has her 2-month well check appointment that includes her first set of shots...fun, I have to be at my office and then I have meeting at church since I'm on the Parents Day Out board. May sound important but I have no idea what we actually do. I missed the first meeting due to Emma's arrival.

In the next 3 weeks I have shopping to finish and clothes shopping to do for Christmas parties. Robert's work party is at the Cowboys Country Club and the invite says "semi-formal"...great. My work party is the next night and it isn't "semi-formal" so I have to get 2 outfits one of which I'll probably never wear again!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Paul's company used to do a formal Christmas party every year (back when the economy was good). I had to buy a formal every year...just when I'd rather be saving my money for Christmas presents! It was fun to dress up and go to the fancy parties together, but it would have been nice to rent a dress or something. I did find JC Penney Outlet and got a beautiful formal for $7 one year. I don't know if it's still there or not...you can ask Paul for directions because I have no clue how to get there!