"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Friday, November 28, 2008

Kids say the Darnest Things

Josh told me this morning that his "whole body" was excited to build our Christmas tree. Robert got everything down from the attic this morning and all the boxes are still in the living room! We got the tree up and decorated...the rest can wait.

I NEVER shop the day after Thanksgiving. Never have and probably never will. Any time we are in Gladewater for Thanksgiving my sister-in-laws leave me in bed asleep and go shopping. Well guess who went to Wal-Mart this morning at 7:30...ROBERT. Can you believe that? I made a list and off he went. He got a few things on the list and I guess didn't mind the crowds....wonder what Starbucks put in his coffee?!

The other cute thing Josh said today was when we got out Kolton's huge nut-cracker. Josh calls it a cracker-nut. He makes me laugh everyday.

Tonight Robert, Josh and I went to pick out tables for our living room...exciting huh? It's my Christmas present to myself. I picked out end-tables and the ottoman that matches our couch and loveseat. I don't need a coffee table for 2 reasons...#1 we'll just prop our feet on it and #2 it's a hazardous object that could cause one of the kids to get stitches....been there done that several times.

Tomorrow we are taking Kolton to Texas Stadium to watch Wylie in the play-offs. Kolton and I have never been to Texas Stadium so it should be fun. (I've never even been to a Wylie football game for that matter! Remember I grew up in KS where no one cared about HS football.)

Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Cracker Nut...that makes me laugh too! Josh is such a cutie!

Hannah said...

Josh is a cracker-nut! That's funny about the coffee table. I hate ours and have wanted to get rid of it forever. Just tonight Jacob fell and hit his head, actually his ear on it. We got lucky...could have been lots worse.

Anonymous said...

I laughed at the Cracker Nut! I love when they say those funny things! As for the coffee table, I am so with you and we actually commented today, that maybe we should get rid of it and get a big ottoman thing.