"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Friday, Saturday, Sunday

I'm so not creative at a title for my postings.....

Friday Kolton's endocrinologist called with his test results. His thyroid functions are normal right now but his antibodies were positive which means his immune system is attacking his thyroid gland and he will need thyroid medication "some day". Once a person has 1 auto-immune disease (type 1 diabetes) they can get others. First his pancreas, now his thyroid, what next?! Hopefully nothing. People have responded to this news with "no big deal...thyroid is easy to manage" but when your kid is only 9 and is taking 4 shots a day for the rest of his life, thyroid medication is a big deal. It's another thing he'll take forever....I did mention he's only 9 right?!!! I love my friend Stacy in KY. Her son is type 1 also and her reaction to the news was "that's a bummer". EXACTLY!!!

Friday night Robert and I took Josh, Emma, (Kolton didn't want to go) and BBQ to Hannah and Brian's to hang out and play the Wii. I love watching people play the Wii....it's so funny!! Hannah and Brian's kiddos Jacob and Jenna were there too of course. Jacob is so sweet! He brought me books to read to him and his morning at church when he saw me he said "Joshie's"....too cute! You know you are getting old though when your Friday night out ends at 10:00!!

Saturday I went to IHOP for breakfast with the ladies from church and there were a bunch of us!! Poor server. Breakfast was good and all us moms enjoyed being away from our kids!!

Saturday night Robert and I had date night. We went to a local Italian place in Rockwall and then to a coffee shop in Mesquite. (Yes Helen and Gina D. I said Mesquite). A guy who used to go to our church is in a christian band and they were playing in Mesquite and we went to listen. They were good! Robert is back with a christian band and they will be better though! We had a late night...didn't pick Josh and Emma up until 11:00!! Kolton stayed at Nanny's.

Today was church, the Turkey bowl (football) and now Emma and I are going to Jared's to pick my rings up. Of course my fingers gained weight during the pregnancy and I'm not sure they plan on going backwards in size so I had my rings sized up...tired of not being able to wear 'em!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I am sad that Kolton has to go through all of that each day. I will pray for him for sure. I know that can't be easy on you as his Mom. I will also pray that his thyroid problems will be a small thing and that the treatment is years away and not anytime soon. I love ya!

Hannah said...

We had fun on Friday. Emma is such a baby doll! I can't believe you stayed out til 11. I would have never made it that late!

Jenn said...

Poor Kolton...and poor you. I don't know who it's worse on, you or him!!! Thyroid issues are never fun and your body feels horrible when your thyroid is messed up. I will be praying that his thyroid will miraculously correct itself!!!