"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Happy Birthday.....

Happy Birthday to my brother-in-law Michael and his wife Robin. Mike's birthday is today and Robin tomorrow. Mike is Robert's baby brother and I give him a hard time about getting old but I'm right on his heels...he's only 2 months older than me. Robin's still the baby of the Watson family but not by much! Honestly, Robert's the only old one...the rest of us are still young pups in our 30's.

Everyone here is doing well. Emma is eating and sleeping and is still such a great baby! Josh got his flu shot yesterday and was a big boy and didn't cry. Kolton had his blood drawn today to check his thyroid that I blogged about earlier so pray those test results are normal. I've been back to the chiropractor a few more times and am getting my eyes checked later today....I want a new pair or RX sunglasses...mine are so not cool and so old........

Last night I got to go hang out with a couple of my girlfriends, one of which hadn't seen Emma yet and it was so much fun having some girl time. When I told Kolton we ate pizza and then sat around and talked his reply was "that's it?"....yes that's it! Pizza, friends, and laughter...what more do you need?!!

Kolton told me he wants to go to church pre-teen camp this summer :) He won't go without me and I won't let him go without me (because of the diabetes). Camp isn't until July and right now there isn't room for another adult to go so we are going to wait and see when it gets closer to camp if there is room for the 2 of us since we are a package deal :) I hope we end up going. I know Kolton and I would both have a great time. Some kids are very independent diabetics but he's not there yet and I don't mind. He's only little once and I only get to take care of him for so long before he thinks I'm not cool anymore!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Awe, that's so sweet about you and Kolton. I hope ya'll get to go. Surely something will happen before then to open up a slot.

Jenn said...

Paul and I were talking at lunch and trying to come up with a solution to the adult volunteer situation....there a little "hotel room" accomodations that you could stay in (if you were willing to pay for it) where you could still hang out with us during the day and have your own time during sleep time. If you're interested, please let us know and we will get more information for you....