"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Poor Bulee

My mom and dad are having to put their beagle to sleep tomorrow. He's 10 years old in May and the vet is pretty sure he has cancer. Instead of spending a bunch of money to find out what kind of cancer my parents have decided to go ahead and put him down. Isn't that sad? The dog is a pain but how can you not love him?! He barks a lot, tries to grab food off the table, barks a lot, sleeps with Kolton when he is there, barks a lot, sheds a lot, barks a lot...you get the idea. He's been a great dog but yet not your typical beagle. He doesn't chase anything and the few times he's been locked outside he runs around to the front door and barks to come in! My mom can't bear to go back out to the vet and my dad doesn't really want to either but he promised my sister that one of them would be there so he'll go after work tomorrow. Sigh. I can't believe this is the only picture of Bulee I can find....



On to a more cheery subject.

Over the weekend I had to shop for 2 Christmas parties. Robert's is semi-formal so I had to go find a dress for that. It wasn't as bad of a beating as I thought it would be.

Saturday we took Kolton to the Wylie football game at Texas Stadium again and Wylie won. Next game is in Waco and if they win that they go on to Houston. I wish I could go to the game but it is Saturday at 7:00 and my work party is Saturday at 7:00. We have pictures from the game on our new camera that Robert left at the youth Christmas party last night!


Tomorrow PB leaves for the bootcamp. Robert dropped him off at the recruiting station this afternoon and if all goes as planned he'll be in San Diego tomorrow. Our neighbor down the street is the top enlisted guy at MEPS so he's suppose to call Robert in the morning and will even take a picture of PB being sworn in. Robert and I plan on flying out to his graduation from bootcamp in March. Pray the boy makes it to graduation! (Here is Paul at his junior prom the year we lived with us. He looks so young!)

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Aww, poor Bulee! At least the vet will put him out of his misery instead of letting him suffer!

You'll have to take a picture of yourself in your new dress. You got my curiosity all up about it now!

PB does look very young in that picture. It's hard to believe he's already a young man going to boot camp! I pray for his safety and that he will make it to graduation and beyond. It's going to be great for him! He's been so excited about it...I wonder if he will still be excited when he gets woken up at 3am to go for a jog...lol!

Hannah said...

Tell you're mom I'm thinking of her.

Melissa said...

I have tagged you! Go!

Helen said...

I know it's a few days past Bulee's death, (you know how I feel about dogs) however, how are your parents?

The Langfords said...

Ok, time for an update. Every time I see Poor Bulee I get all sad again!