"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Missing Child

So today I went to the office and had a youth from church come babysit. Kolton went swimming with his friend Grant and then to Grant's grandma's house. When I went by there before taking the sitter home the boys were no where to be found. No big deal...Kolton didn't have his phone with him and hadn't checked his sugar in 4 hours. So I take the sitter home, go back to grandma's house and still no kids. I go driving around the neighborhood and get a call from Grant's mom who is on her way home. She's freaking out and we both determine our kids are in big trouble! As I'm driving by the school I'm trying to decide at what point I'm going to call the police because my diabetic son is missing!!! My phone rings and it's Grant's mom again...the kids are found. Guess where they were? In grandma's house the whole time! They had gone back inside and to the computer room and closed the door w/o her ever knowing it. The only reason they were discovered was because Grant came out to get snacks. The kids were "lost" for about 30-45 min by the way. Usually Nancy and I can find the boys within 5-10 minutes. 15 at the very most. I went from "when am I calling the police" to laughing in a matter of 30 seconds!!!

Other than that we've had a boring day. About to go pick up pizza for dinner, Robert is at band practice and I need to clean the house.

3 comments:

The Langfords said...

I don't know when I'm going to be ready for the days when Justine goes off somewhere else to play. I like to know where she is at all times. But then again, she's not quite 3 yet so I suppose that's the way it's supposed to be.

I should be cleaning but don't feel like it at all! So tomorrow I will be cleaning like a mad woman before my mom gets here. I'm headed to bed instead.

Jenn said...

Oh my goodness! How scarey! Thank God they were safe! I have a "disappearing story" from when I was a kid too...I'll have to post it on my blog....

Melissa said...

Whew, I was like reading like a mad women to the very end of the story. Glad Kolton is fine and you didn't go into labor! Missing children's stories, I have a few as well. Well, I better go, have to finish hooking everything up in the car.