"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Platinum Weddings and Reality

For the first time in I don't know how long, I am home after church BY MYSELF. Robert is playing in a golf tournament, the boys are at my mom's house, and I have a couple hours before going to Hannah's baby shower. For some reason I'm watching Platinum Weddings and all I can say is SERIOUSLY? Your wedding budget is unlimited but probably around $350,000.....I wonder how much the divorce will cost. I don't know what's more disturbing, the budget or the fact that the grooms on this show act as though they actually care about all the wedding plans!!!

Anyway, on to reality....yesterday was a busy day. Josh and I went to Justine's birthday party, he got his haircut and last night Robert and I took him to eat at IHOP and then to Firewheel to play around outside. Where was Kolton? He didn't want to go to the party and hates getting his haircut so he was with Robert and then to Nanny's because he didn't want to go to IHOP even though it was originally his idea!! I actually went into Carter's last night and didn't buy anything!! Josh and I did go to Kid 2 Kid after this haircut and I bought one of those strollers that holds the infant carrier for $30 (retail $60) and the crib skirt I registered for at a bargain price of $4 vs $12. The total cost for Emma's crib bedding...$44! I love bargains. Can you tell my budget for her nursery isn't $350,000??!!!

2 comments:

Helen said...

U so need 2 go 2 Once Upon a Child! They r better than Kid 2 Kid, epecially when it comes 2 resale. I've made over a $100. selling them Allan's baby stuff. Kid 2 Kid on the other hand, was a different story. I took the just as many items 2 them as Once a upon a Child and made $16.

Jenn said...

I could just imagaine Robert's face if you told him you wanted your baby's room budget to be $350,000! lol!

I am always amazed/disgusted when I hear how much people spend on those weddings! We had a strict wedding budget of $2000, with a budget of $400 for the dress and veil. I found the dress of my dreams for $535 but didn't get it because it was more than I had budgeted to spend.....sometimes, I do wish I had "splurged" and gotten the dress I wanted. I guess the folks on that platinum wedding show would laugh at me when they heard my dress was only $400! Of course, those girls would probably have a melt down if they only had ONE wedding dress, especially if said dress cost less than $10,000.

CRAZINESS! I can think of much better things to do with $350,000....I don't know, like put it towards something that will actually HELP during the marriage....you know, like a house or future kids education.....I guess that makes me trailer trash in their "platinum" standards, huh?