"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Allergic Reaction

I've decided if something is going to happen to someone in our family, it will happen to Kolton. He's currently in the mist of an allergic reaction but we don't know what to. It started out minor on Friday morning and by 1:30 I had to go pick him up from school because he was itching. Friday night he was worse, Saturday morning he was better and had his football pictures made but of course had to miss his game. I took him to Acute Kids Urgent Care Saturday (great place to go by the way when your regular ped isn't open) and he had to have a shot of epi and started on an oral steroid.

Now, to determine what he was exposed to....we started a new vial of insulin on the 23rd and the rash started on the 25th. Of course the on call endocrinologist said no way could all this be caused by the insulin but what does he know??? Dr Stewart I'm sure is younger than me and has only studied diabetes...he hasn't lived with it!!! So this morning I went to CVS and was able to switch out bottles and we'll see if that helps.

Poor Kolton....at times he looks better, at times he looks worse. He's taken so much benedryl I can't believe he doesn't sleep all day! I feel so bad for him. Hopefully we get this figured out soon! If he's not better tomorrow we'll be off to his regular ped.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

:( So sorry. If you need anything, call me.

Jenn said...

Poor Kolton, he does seem to get the brunt of the illnesses and broken bones in your family...poor little guy! We'll be praying.