"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Married with Children

I know someone who's husband is serving his 3rd tour in Iraq (the Marine who introduced Robert and I actually) and I know she has told us all to stop whining but sometimes I just need a pity party.

My problem today is Kolton. So far he is grounded from the computer and TV tonight but what I'd really like to do is lock him in his room. His sugars have been sooo high from the Orapred he was on (for only 3 days). Hyperactivity is just one of the signs of high sugar....they need to add "if parent feels like killing the child" to the list of symptoms!!!! Kolton is and I think will always be my challenging child.

Next problem, my dear husband's schedule. 4 out of 7 nights this week he has had a meeting related to church things. This is the part where the wife of the Marine serving says just be glad he's home every night and I'm trying to keep a clear perspective but then the poor me syndrome kicks in. Poor me having to do all the laundry, cook, clean dishes, give the kids a bath, blah, blah, blah. Last night when Robert came home I decided for him that something's gotta give. He agreed. (Smart man). We've had this conversation before but this time he really did agree with me because he actually made some changes so that he can actually see his kids before they are asleep in bed.

Ok, I'm done now.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm going to Barnes and Nobles when Ted gets home, want to come? I'm having coffee too. Probably around 9pm tonight. He has had meetings all week too and has another one tomorrow night. UGH!

Jenn said...

Thankfully, boys calm down a bit after the age of fourteen. I know that doesn't give you hope now but maybe it will give you something else to look forward to. :)

I'm so thankful that Robert (and others like him) are so willing to serve our church and work so diligently to "hold things together".....in regards to how much time he is having to spend at church right now: this too shall pass!

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out.