"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Meltdown

Thursday night Robert told me a family in our church is moving. We talked about it for a while and were both surprised and sad they were moving but knew it would be ok...we'd see them again...just not as often. Over the weekend I went to a ladies retreat with ladies from church and my friend who is moving was there and we didn't talk about the move and I was just fine.

Today in church however I was not so fine!! It was very weird for me to go to church and see my friends and know they would be leaving soon. By the end of the church service I was a basket case!! I went out into the foyer and had a meltdown..luckily my friend Hannah who is also pregnant was in the foyer and was able to have a meltdown with me even though she didn't know why we were crying util I told her. Anyone who knows me very well knows I never cry but once I get started I can't stop!! So when church got out and people started filling up the foyer, Hannah and I made a mad dash to the bathroom to continue my meltdown.

I'm not sure exactly when my friends will be gone but I sure hope I don't cry every time I see them until then! I know I'll be ok and I know God will use them in great ways in their new town and church but I sure wish He would leave them where they are!! Robert and I have known this family longer than we've been married and their move is going to be much harder on me than I thought it would be. In my mind I know all will be well but at the same time my heart breaks that they are leaving.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey Marla,
I didn't get to visit with you at the retreat. Hope you are feeling good and welcome to blog world. Let's go out for another ladies night sometimes....I enjoyed visiting with you last time.

Melissa:)

Helen said...

You are soooooooooo pregnant!!