"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Monday, April 14, 2008

Ladies Night Out

Tonight was my monthly ladies night out with ladies from church. Tonight we hit Asados for dinner and then I ended up staying at Carrie's too late when I dropped her off and I still had to stop by the grocery store. When I got home at 10 (ok I'm old if I think 10 is late...that used to be early) my kids were still up! The joke every month at dinner or the movies is that my kids will be up no matter what time I get home and sure enough they always are!! I always have fun when we all get together for dinner....we always have a good time, good food and lots of laughs. Tonight's funny moment was when the waiter offered us all a shot of tequila w/o knowing we were a church group. Doesn't he know Baptists are closet drinkers?? Just kidding. It wasn't so much the fact that he offered the shots, it was the look on Ami's face when he asked.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh phooey, I forgot about that tonight...I wanted to come!!!

So, was the look on Ami's face one of shock or desire for the drink?...just teasing!

Melissa said...

what and nothing about me and my forgetfulness...UGH!! I am sure that Mark Hamlett is hearing about me about now..ha!! Oh well, I have been encouraged to be more open with people....(I thought I was, but I guess not....), anyways, oh well. I'll just keep asking people their names even though I will look like the fool afterwards...ha!

Closet drinker....what's that? hahahaha!!!