"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Texas Weather

Ok, so the storm that moved through North Texas last night did nothing in Sachse except rain but must not have been too windy. Our pitiful fence is still standing as is the small "tree" in our front yard. I went to my office today and saw all sorts of damage as it took me over 30 minutes to go from George Bush & Midway to Trinity Mills & Midway (which normally takes maybe 10 minutes). In addition to trees uprooted, I saw stoplights twisted, bent and on the ground, signs blown out, a metal light post on the ground, and drove around a big clump of metal in the road...not sure what that was. One thing I did learn this morning, drivers here in Texas cannot do a 4-way stop. I went thru 3 intersections today and it was total chaos. Maybe Jeff Foxworthy needs to add....'you might be a redneck if you blog about a spring storm in Texas'. The Watson household is boring huh?

4 comments:

The Langfords said...

Ditto on the 4 way stop issue. Someone in front of me drove right thru a red blinking light without even tapping the breaks. And there was even a utility truck with flashers and cones to give a clue something was up. Go figure.

Jenn said...

Whew, I really feel that 4 way stop issue....is that the understatement of the year or what?! Atleast they put lights up at the intersection where we had our accident. Glad you were safe while you were driving today!

Helen said...

You are making yourself sound old talking about the weather.

Melissa said...

You crack me up!!