"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

JJ the Mourning Dove


Third and final post for the day. We now have a mourning dove that Kolton has named JJ. When I was watering my hanging plant in the backyard Sunday I noticed a bird had started building a nest. Monday I went out and JJ and I startled each other when we came (almost) eye to eye...not really...she looked down, I looked up and there she was. I saw one egg when she wasn't on the nest but she hasn't moved since so I'm not sure how many babies will hatch. Robert took a great picture which I'll have to post. I have to admit I had no idea what kind of bird she was until my dad came over and saw her. At least I knew which types of birds she wasn't!

No comments: