"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Over It Part 2

So in my blog last night it must have been the tequila talking, or in my case the benedryl. Although I still feel Mark has checked out I've had a perspective change. I think the calling to Granbury has been very hard on Mark and in his sermon today and I'm sure in his sermon next week, he is helping the church prepare for change. I think he is focused on his task ahead and from what I can tell he's about to venture into unknown territory. The church he is going to had the same pastor for a long time until he retired and now Mark gets to step in! The new church voted him in so let's hope they all like the new guy.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I completely agree that this is very hard for Mark. Perhaps he has kind of checked out because that makes is easier for him? You know, him being so non-confrontational and all.

One cool thing is that the interim at the church Mark is moving to asked the congregation for God to pray for our church and also told the congregation that he feels God is about to do some miraculous things at MRBC.

This is all in God's plans and I am excited to see what happens...it's going to be an adventurous ride!

Jenn said...

Whew, I don't know what I've been smokin' tonight but that whole middle paragraph was a mess and there were typos all through it!

It should have said the interim at the church Mark is moving to asked the congregation to pray for our church....