"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Over It

For those of you who go to church with me, you may want to skip this blog and not read it. Just a warning.

If you read my meltdown blog and updates blog, you know the my pastor and his wife are leaving the church....old news. And obviously I was having a very hard time with the news at first but now I'm just simply over it.

I feel like Mark checked out weeks ago. I know he's ready to move on to his new church but what about where he is now and has been for the past 10 years? It seems like he's been gone now for several weeks. I'm kinda disappointed in the whole way his resignation was handled in regard to how some people found out about it. (And if you go to MRBC you know what I mean).

Our church is having a dinner for Mark and Gina on his last Sunday which I am all for. Tomorrow the praise band and families are going out to eat with them for a farewell dinner and I think we are suppose to pitch in for a gift. Robert and I already got them something from our family so I'm out on another gift. Then I found out the church is taking up a love offering for them tomorrow too. You can guess my reaction to that one too. He's LEAVING...our church never did this much stuff for him the entire 10 years he was here!!!!

Maybe Robert and I are over it because we have known for a month (?) now that Mark and Gina are leaving and have had time to go through all the emotions....we are both ready to move on. We will miss the Forrest family because to us they really are more than just the pastor and his wife. We've known them longer than we've been married but we are ready to take the next step with the church. (And yes Gina knows Robert has said "cut the cord" and move on and she's still not happy with him for saying that!)

Ok, church hens...stop gasping for air....

1 comment:

Jenn said...

No gasping for air here....you just said everything I've been feeling.