"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Groundhog Day

Remember the movie Groundhog Day with Billy Murray? He wakes up and it's the same day over and over and over? Love that movie. I need to wake up tomorrow and be able to re-do today. Bad day for this house. It all started before 7 am this morning when Kolton cried over having cereal for breakfast instead of waffles. Seriously. He's almost 9. His bedtime got moved up to 8:00 from 8:30 over that. Robert had to make me feel bad for getting mad about Kolton crying. He said it could be worse, he could be crying b/c we have no food in the house for breakfast. Somehow though that didn't help the breakfast situation.

Dropped Josh off at his first day of pre-school which is at our church so he just thinks he's going to church again. Poor kid never knows what room he's going to or which teacher he'll have since he can't tell the difference between Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. I did take a couple pictures and will post those.

Got to work...people there got on my nerves. What's new. None of them have figured out yet that I'm not a morning person and yes when I arrive at 9:30 it is still morning to me. Almost forgot I had to leave work at 1:30 to go get Josh...looked at the clock at 1:20 and had to rush. Ate lunch in the car and as soon as I hit Richardson I started speeding since I have the "Officer Alcorn" card in my wallet to whip out, right Hannah? (Say right.)

Kolton's off to soccer practice now but of course he got in trouble and sent to his room earlier. That child belongs to my sister I'm sure of it. The only bonus part of his day...no homework tonight. Ah the benefits of having a brand new, right out of college 3rd grade teacher.

And did I mention I didn't sleep well last night because I'm now 34 weeks pregnant and precious Emma decided it would be fun to make me feel sick last night. Of course she did't make me feel bad during the day when I was doing nothing but laundry and watching a movie (The Breakup--horrible movie by the way). She had to wait until right before I went to bed.

See why I need to start the day all over?!

5 comments:

The Langfords said...

Don't start today over...pull a good one out of your hat!

Hannah said...

right : )

Melissa said...

Sounds like my morning too. Hannah cried all morning, and even on the way and right into the classroom. She is having a hard time adjusting to her new school. We are trying herbal medicine instead of full blown drugs again. So far, so good and a few bumps along the way, but we think she is going to be fine. She just now went to bed and had over 1 hour worth of homework! But, I hear that's just 4th grade. So, everyone's in bed but me and it's not even 9:30pm!! I hope your day is better tomorrow and you can sleep tonight. :)

Melissa said...

oh, I forgot to mention she is ADHD...you knew that already, but didn't want you to think I was just giving her meds for adjusting to school...hahaha!

Helen said...

This post cracked me up!! That is so wrong of Robert.........you're pregnant. Tell Kolton what I tell my kids, "Get what you get and don't through a fit!"