"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Eventful Sunday

Our church officially has a new pastor! We voted Lash in this morning and he will start November 9th...whoo hoo! I left Emma with my dad today so I could hear Lash preach at church and be there to vote. It took me FOREVER to get to my parents house this morning thanks to Tour de East Plano!!! ALL the traffic from Wylie/Murphy had to turn right on Los Rios and did I mention it went down to one lane? What a nightmare. I wasn't suppose to turn on my parents street but I did it anyway. I felt like one of those car commericals that says "professional driver on professional course" because of the orange cones...o and I got yelled out by some dude on a bike...whatever....find a sidewalk.

So after church...this is where the real fun begins. I pull into the garage and Josh comes out and opens my door for me..ahh how sweet. Well I was reading an email on my blackberry (thanks Helen) so I didn't notice when Josh locked the doors and so I got out and shut the door and guess who was still in the car...EMMA!!! I always leave my purse, keys, and phone in my car too and my spare key was in my purse that was locked inside the car. So Robert calls 911 and it took them forever to get to our house. Our neighbors had been outside and came over so as I was standing in the garage talking to them and wondering where the cops were, I remembered my valet key inside!!! I changed purses a few weeks ago so the key was still in the old purse!! So as the cop and ambulance pulled up I unlocked the car with the valet key. Go mom! I'm so glad I remembered that key because there were 2 things I was not looking forward to...how the cops were going to break into my Volvo and how much a new window would cost if they had to break it to get Emma out. I stayed calm the whole time because she was asleep and the car was in the garage vs sitting in the sun. Robert had to tell me before I remembered the valet key that my car keys don't belong in the car anymore. Tonight I went out to Albertson's and guess where my keys are...in my car. Guess I'm a slow learner.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh my goodness!!! Sleep deprivation will do it to you every time! When Adam was a newborn, I actually locked my keys in the car WITH THE CAR STILL RUNNING!!! I was so worried about getting him out of the car, I forgot all about turning the darn thing off and, you know, actually taking the keys with me! What's even worse is that I did not even realize I had done this until AFTER I had done all of my grocery shopping and the grocery boy was trying to load my groceries in my car. I thought Paul was never going to stop laughing at me over that one. OK, he still laughs at me about that if you bring it up! LOL!!!

Melissa said...

I locked Hannah in the car when I was 7 months pregnant with Micah in Amarillo in May when the temp had reached 87 degrees in the afternoon. We had stopped at a convenience store and I got out of the car, placed my keys in the seat as I got out, then shut the door. My plan was to get Hannah out, then get my keys, then go in the store. I called a locksmith, a man tried tried to get in with a hanger and we ended up having Hannah put her pillow over her face and the man broke the window on the passenger side back seat. No glass got on her and we got free drinks (milk and tea) from the clerk. I was a basket case by then cause she was in there a good 15 minutes. It was terrible. She was fine, but I really thought I was going to go into labor. We drove 2 1/2 hours with a broke window to get home. I've never done that since! Whew!! Glad things worked out and you had a spare!!

Hannah said...

Just get some sleep and everything will be ok!