"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Kolton's Endo Appt

Everyone is back to being well at the Watson house!! And it wasn't the flu. The doctor Robert saw at CareNow said Dallas has seen no cases of the flu so it was just another virus. Yipee. It's a very good thing we are all over it. My sister and her son fly in tomorrow for the weekend and I'm sure she doesn't want to take anything extra back to Kansas!

Kolton had his regular 3 month check up yesterday with his endocrinologist. His A1C came down a whole point to 6.9% so rather than being on the high end of normal for a type 1 he is almost in the "normal" person range! I figured with him being back in school and eating on a more regular schedule that his number would come down from what it was over the summer. His thyroid is slightly enlarged so he has to have some blood work drawn for that and he gets to check his lipids already! I did learn he doesn't have to have his eyes checked every year and in a few more years we start watching his kidney functions. Did God make our bodies complex or what?!! The thyroid can be related to the diabetes so I'm no alarmed by that. At this point when it comes to Kolton, I'm not sure what would alarm me!!

My boss is sick and it's month end for us at work so I have a lot to do today to help her out....better get to it.

2 comments:

Helen said...

Kolton is such a trooper!

Hannah said...

that's awesome that k's a1c came down that much!