"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Friday, August 15, 2008

Baby Jenna Alcorn

My friend Hannah (remember from my meltdown post) had her baby this morning around 7:20ish. She and Brian have named her Jenna Erin and big brother Jacob will be turning 2 in September.

Robert and I have to brag a little...when Jacob was born we were the first 2 to see Jacob and Robert was the first non-family member to hold him and I remember when we left that night we took Whataburger back to Brian for dinner. Feeding Brian the day his kid is born is becoming a tradition...tonight we took them Chili's. This time we weren't the first 2 to see Jenna but we're up there on the list of visitors!!!! I think I've said in a post people at church get Robert and Brian confused (and Josh even ran up to Brian a couple weeks ago thinking it was Robert). This evening Jacob seemed a little confused that there was this guy at his house that looked like his dad. Robert and Brian even had on the same socks....need I say more?! In fact when we left their house a neighbor stopped us thinking Robert was Brian.

In case you haven't caught on yet, Jenna wasn't born at a hospital, she was born at home by the same mid-wife that delivered Jacob at a birthing center. Hannah is one tough lady!!! Did I mention Jenna was 9 pounds?!!! Hannah's a nurse and I found out tonight she was born at home too so not going to a hospital is no big deal to her. I know I am not as tough as her....so here's to you Hannah! You are one tough mama!!!

And of course we didn't take our camera with us so I have no picture to post....does this surprise anyone?!!!!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Doesn't surprise me cause all your brain cells are leaving your mind...hahaha!!!

The Langfords said...

9 pounds! Wow! I can't wait to see her. Her baby gift is still sitting on my dresser...very sad stuff.

Jenn said...

Wow, 9lbs....I knew she was going to be big just from the way Hannah was looking! Samantha was 9lbs 6oz and it hurt like crazy pushing her out...poor Hannah, I know the pain she felt today!

Don't feel bad Cindy, my baby gift to Hannah is still sitting on my dresser to!

Elisha said...

Wow! I didn't realize Jenna was born at home. Hannah IS tough!